Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gamalon - Aerial View

Gamalon is my favorite jazz fusion group!  Some would consider this more of a progressive rock/metal album.  I was turned on to this instrumental masterpiece back in the early 90s by a very good friend of mine.  Its been in my CD case ever since then.  Like an old friend I get hooked on this CD over and over again.

I know its been out of print for a while now and I am hoping that its re-released via MP3 version or even CD again someday.



The first track off of the CD, called "Beat the Heat".  It sets the pace for this album of great music.



The title track off of the CD "Aeiral View" I have always wanted to do an animation video with.  Picture an alien strolling through the air trying to figure our world out, not paying attention and then getting seen by a jet airliner. The airliner reports him to air traffic control and a couple of Air Force jets are sent to investigate.  The alien has no idea he's being followed, until its too late, because he is still taking in the beauty of what he sees with the buildings and sky scrapers.  All of a sudden, he notices the two jets chasing him (when the drum solo starts) and the music kicks back in, he revs his jump engines and starts to pull away from the jets and launches into space and hyper speed at the end, flying away.  The last scene, is the alien whisking the sweat from his brow goin...whoa.  I will create this someday.



The ninth track on the CD is called "The Lost Ghost" and is probably one of my favorites.  It has an intense bass track with one of the coolest keyboard, electric violin and guitar runs ever done. The track is so catchy, I can see it being used in a Scooby chase scene.



Gamalon still does shows, from what I am seeing posted on YouTube.  I have uploaded these tracks in hopes of turning people onto this excellent group.  Go find this CD and buy it.  Its worth every penny. 

I've always liked their first (Gamalon) and third (High Contrast) albums too, but this one, to me, is their masterpiece.  Every song on it is perfectly written and executed.  If any of the band stumbles upon my post here, please know that I am a HUGE fan and always have been.  I really wish I could see them live sometime.  There are some videos out on YouTube of the reunion concert, which is really cool.  There are also some videos with Nori Bucci, that are amazingly good and I would love to see more footage of those shows. 

These tracks that I've posted here I have done a small amount of remastering too. I widened them and added a little spacial feel as well.  It was mastered with a high amount of treble in the mix on the original, so I brought that into balance as well.  I hope that you all enjoy these tracks as much as I do.  Please click on the links I have here as well to check out information on the band, their members over the years and some of the other videos out on YouTube of them.  Most of all, if you see their recordings for sale online or in the store, support them, purchase the CDs or downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment